Employment and Volunteering
Current Employment Opportunities
Position Available: Materials Services Assistant
Deadline for applications: September 7, 2015
Job Description: A part-time position reporting to the Materials Services Manager. This position
performs a variety of tasks related to the shelving of library materials. See full description.
Full/Part Time & Hours: Part Time, an average of 12 hours per week based on a biweekly work
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sorts materials for shelving
- Shelves all formats library materials in the library, shifting materials as necessary
- Shelf reads as assigned
- Empties book drop
- May check-out/check-in materials as assigned
- May perform closing duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff and public
- Gives attention to detail
- Ability to arrange alphabetically and numerically
- Ability to reach, bend, lift and retrieve materials
- Must be able to pull or push a cart loaded with library materials
- Ability to use telephone and computer keyboard
Working Conditions: Exerts up to 25 lbs of force occasionally.
Materials Services Manager
River Forest Public Library
735 Lathrop Ave
River Forest, IL 60305
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Visit our Adopt-A-Shelf page to learn more about this important volunteer opportunity.
The library occasionally has additional volunteer opportunities. To apply, please download the general interest volunteer form here.
If you are looking for other volunteer activities please visit the OPRF Volunteer Center’s website. They regularly list wonderful local opportunities!