Library operating policies are set by the Board of Trustees.
Library Board Members 2015-2016
Claudette Zobel – 2017
7575 Lake Street #2B
River Forest, IL 60305-1863
Thomas Smedinghoff – 2017
823 William Street
River Forest, IL 60305-1454
Kevin Crowell – 2017
River Forest, IL 60305-2030
Katherine Bevan -2021
River Forest, IL 60305-2010
Alice Calabrese-Berry -2017
River Forest, IL 60305-1925
Deborah Hill – 2017
908 Park Avenue
River Forest, IL 60305
Joan O’Connor – 2019
River Forest, IL 60305-2031
Library Board Meeting Schedule
The Board of Trustees holds its regular meeting on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 PM at the library, 735 Lathrop Avenue, River Forest, IL. The public is always invited to attend these meetings unless otherwise announced.
For the most current schedule of Board meetings, or to view current and past meeting agendas and minutes, please visit the Board Minutes Archive page.
Procedure for Future Interested Trustees
Thank you for your interest in joining the River Forest Public Library Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees would welcome a statement of interest, via email, to our Board President, as listed on our web-site, under the tab, About the Library, Library Board. Additionally, we invite you to attend a library board meeting. The Board meets every third Tuesday at 7:30 pm at the Library.
• Employ and Evaluate Library Director
• Comply with legal state requirements , including annual filing of Cook County Statement of Economic Interest
• Adopt (and revise) policies to govern library programs and operations
• Adopt Annual Budget and approve monthly warrants
• Participate in annual Director evaluation
• Support our three – five year Strategic Plan and its implementation
• Prepare for and attend library board meetings and committee meetings